Post by Sandy on Apr 13, 2020 12:19:21 GMT -5
CYCLE 33 - OAK CREEK CANYON
CONTESTANT RULES & AGREEMENT
CONTESTANT RULES & AGREEMENT
As a contestant on this cycle, you have completed the preliminary casting, attended a Producer led interview, submitted all mandatory videos and any/all images of your likeness to be used within the context of the Online Reality Game iSurv1vor across the appropriate forum wherein the game is hosted, the iSurv1vor Wikia, the iSurv1vor Facebook, the iSurv1vor Twitter, the iSurv1vor YouTube channel and the iSurv1vor Instagram.
In consideration for your participation, you are making the representations, warranties, disclosures, covenants and agreements outlined below. If any discrepancy of the aforementioned representations, warranties, disclosures, covenants and agreements in this agreement or release in connection with iSurv1vor, the Producer and/or Production Team may remove your involvement from the pool of individuals under consideration to be apart of iSurv1vor or remove you from the series and/or withhold any prizes or monies which otherwise would be awarded post-game.
Grant of Rights
1. All contestants participating grant iSurv1vor the right to (a) interview and record contestant interview(s) and statements and appearances therein, including name, voice, likeness, and (b) if selected by a Producer to be a contestant in iSurv1vor to videotape, film, portray and photograph any/all actions in connection with the production of iSurv1vor. Contestants understand they may undertake tasks of a physical/mental nature (including, without limitation, strength and/or endurance tests) and they agree to undertake these tasks. Contestants understand their performance on tasks may be, but not necessarily be, a factor in whether or not they're eliminated from the competition without the need of an in-house voting system. Any recorded material by the Producers that contain players names, voices, likenesses etc. become property of iSurv1vor and may be used, broadcast, exhibited, distributed, advertised or otherwise exploited by any other media, now known or hereafter advised.
2. Contestants agree to participate in connection with the Production of the series as and to the extent of the Producer on such dates be required to participate in additional and/or special events (e.g. iSurv1vor Live!) Contestants understand the game will run for a maximum of six (6) weeks starting from a day to be confirmed by the Producer. Contestants understand their media services will be exclusive to iSurv1vor in any and all forms of media and must make themselves available for publicity and/or similar matter.
3. Participation is mandatory in tasks unless stated by Production instruction, attempt to violate, mislead, manipulate, or otherwise rig challenges to gain unfair advantages is punishable at the discretion of the Producer(s). Participation in any/all Tribal Council ("elimination") votes is mandatory, failing to vote is punishable at the discretion of the Producer(s). Contestants must inform ahead of time if he/she will be unavailable for a period longer than one cycle (72 hours) to arrange the outline of the game where needed. If a Contestant is found to breach a rule that Contestant will be awarded one "strike", once a contestant has accumulated two "strikes" they are removed from the series without objection and/or appeal. All tasks ("challenges") will be presented during Eastern Standard Time (EST) any contestants outside of this timezone must adjust to this.
4. Voluntary acceptance to participate in the series is agreed between Producer and Contestant. If a Contestant chooses to remove themselves from the game for any reason the Producer(s) discretion will be applied to any/or further involvement with iSurv1vor within the limitations of section 2 in this agreement. Withdrawal will not affect any covenants, agreements, waivers, releases or indemnities. Contestants agree that such a discontinuation may be used, broadcast, exhibited, distributed, advertised or otherwise exploited by Producer(s) as part of the series or otherwise.
5. Contestants acknowledge that communication with an opposing group ("tribe") is prohibited. If a contestant is eliminated from the chance to win, attempt at communication with those remaining in the game is prohibited. Eliminated contestants are divided into two groups - the non-jury and jury with which they will be permitted to communicate with one another though communication between these two groups is prohibited but may be relaxed at Producer discretion.
6. Contestants understand their elimination may result in their participation in choosing to vote for a final winner of the series. In this event, contestants cannot communicate verbally or otherwise with any other contestant(s) who share the same situation. Attempt to do so will be considered a breach of this agreement.
7. In connection with participation in the series, contestants shall not infringe upon or violate the rights of any other person or entity (including without limitation any other contestant) and comply by the contestants code of conduct as laid out in this agreement.
8. Contestants acknowledge that participation in the series they no longer have an expectation of privacy with regards to personal history or any facts of any kind that, in Producer's sole determination, relate in any way to my participation in, or application to participate in, iSurv1vor.
9. Any investigation carried out by a Producer will have the full cooperation of the contestant and will follow the direction of the Producer in all instances.
10. Appearing on the series is strictly for the purpose of participating on iSurv1vor as a contestant, and will not use or discuss with any party, or disclose to any party any information, or trade secrets obtained or learned as a result of their experience. Contestants agree to refrain from any external communication from third party sources regarding the series and as such must be referred to a Producer immediately. Keep your mouths shut please.
Release and Indemnity
11. Contestants understand and acknowledge that any breach of violation by any provision in this agreement may, by no means of limitation, lead to disqualification (DQ) from competition and removal from the series and declared ineligible to win the game.
12. Contestants represent and warrant to the Producer(s) as follows:
(a) Ample opportunity has been given to read this entire agreement.
(b) Full right, power and authority to grant the rights granted in this agreement.
(c) Full understanding of the agreement, that they are of sound mind and be bound to the agreement.
13. This agreement will bind and secure the benefit of the parties hereto known as Producer(s) and Contestant(s).
Forum Etiquette, Routine and Obligations
14. Contestants must be willing to dedicate yourself and contribute effort for all six weeks of filming.
15. Contestants must agree to film confessionals on a regular basis. Confessionals will be made for every castaway and when a Contestant is logged in, they will be able to post personal thoughts about things going on in the game, first impressions, alliances, strategy, etc. akin to the process used in the CBS franchise. Any recorded media submitted may be used after the game has completed production. Contestant confessionals are unlocked for all eyes to read once the series has concluded. A minimum of two (2) confessional videos of two (2) minutes each minimum per round are mandatory. Failing to comply with this rule may result in your right to vote will be taken away and will go toward yourself instead, and a strike will be awarded. The end of a round is the deadline for when votes are due. Confessional posts are your own thoughts and access to confessionals are restricted to the Contestant, Producer(s) and Prediction Writers.
(a) during the tribe phase, if your tribe wins Immunity, your confessionals are due before the end of the other tribes vote off.
(b) during the tribe phase, if your tribe loses Immunity, your confessionals are due before you place your vote.
16. Participating in challenges is key in this game. Most challenges will be 24 hour challenges, they give everyone a chance to participate seeing as we are all in different time zones. When posted each team or person will have 24 hours to complete it. When there are less players in the game some challenges may be held live, but that will be discussed further down the line. If you are cast in the game and cannot be around to compete in a challenge Production must be informed at the earliest opportunity. The Production team strives to coordinate with each individual.
17. If circumstances change outside of the game and you wish to voluntarily remove yourself from playing, the option is there to do so. Inform Production through private message or leave a short set of Final Words in your Castaway Journal. If you are at the Jury phase of the competition, your spot as Juror will be decided on your activity leading up to your removal.
18. Using this website as well as Skype is key. There is an app called Tapatalk which will allow you to access this game forum on the go (from your mobile device). This has helped many players in the past and everyone is encouraged to download it.
19. iSurv1vor Points (iSP) is the in-game currency that is accumulated by players in preparation for the iSurv1vor Auction. Details of iSurv1vor Points will be outlined in detail if this is introduced. This is a season by season twist and may not affect you.
20. Some challenges require the posting of images. Tinypic or IMGUR links work fine you just need to surround the link with the IMG codes. If you need more clarity on how this works, ask a tribe mate when the game begins. Production will be on hand to explain this further.
21. Some challenges require Screen Shots, Contestants must be aware of how to do this procedure. Typically, this feature is located on the top right of the keyboard next to the Pause/Break + Scroll Lock buttons. Once pasted into an open a paint/photo document the screen shot will be shown. Production recommends the use of IMGUR.com to upload any images required for the game. You can also download Gyazo.
22. If Contestants leave for a period longer than 2-3 days, it is the duty of the Contestant to inform all members of the Production team of your prior commitment. You must provide a pre-determined "boot list" ranking your fellow Contestants in the likelihood you will not attend a Tribal Council.
(a) Contestants will not be penalized for making Production aware of any extended absence, if events in-game shift tribes, a merge occurs or for any other reason is due in part to a schedule that was agreed upon prior to the commencement of the season.
23. Alliances are commonplace in iSurv1vor and as such private group conversations are likely to happen. If you are invited into an alliance conversation, we request that any/all member(s) of Production be included to observe. This allows the staff to gain more insight into the game. Aka, add Sandy to all your chats containing 3 or more people.
24. Appropriate behavior with cast members and production crew is paramount. Threats towards other players and the staff will not be permitted in any way, shape, or form. If this occurs you will meet with a iSurv1vor staff member for an interview and further action will be taken. Inappropriate behavior does not include lying, backstabbing, or any actions in the spirit of the game.
25. Accusations of fixing the competition without solid evidence to support your claim is considered a breach of this agreement. If you have an issue with the game, please direct it to a Producer for resolution. All cases of tampering are treated with the highest of importance. Sandy will not tolerate this.
(a) Solid evidence as outlined in Rule 25 is an audio recording, screenshot or other proof to support said claim. Assumption and word of mouth does not hold water here and will be treated as a breach of this agreement.
26. Contestants will operate under a strike policy. Two strikes and you will be removed from the game. Knowing and willing and later on, failing to adhere to requests and mandatory journal upkeep will result in a strike. Once a contestant has accumulated two strikes for any offences will result in their removal ("evacuation").
(a) In the event of a progressed schedule, Production may allow time for Contestants to "catch up" on backdated requirements. As stated earlier, the end of a round is the deadline for when votes for Tribal Council are due.
(b) This "catch up" may also be granted for personal reasons.
27. Any Production Staff member has the right to change the rules at any point (if we see fit) without debate or appeal from cast members. You must respect the staff at all times and follow their direction. We create the game and you play the game - don't forget it.
28. If a rule has changed during a task/challenge, it is the Contestant(s) obligation to inform people in your group ("tribe") not present at the amendment. Production will keep an eye out where needed but at times where no staff member is around that everyone is aware of the state of play.
29. A live challenge may result in an immediate Tribal Council vote if all persons are present. If this occurs, the Production team will give you a small window of time to talk strategy and vote.
30. Recent cases in Botswana, Blasket Islands, & Queen Elizabeth Islands resulted in contestant removals due to knowingly deceptive behaviour in an attempt to cheat the game. In the event this criteria is met again, the Production team will follow the same standards and process.
31. The use of "bots" or any software to give Contestants an upper hand in posting challenges is strictly forbidden. This forum is designed to not have more than four (4) posts from the same person within a minute (15 second wait each time you post) Using this software is cheating, if exercised whilst still in the tribes phase of the game you will forfeit your tribes chances at Immunity and head directly to Tribal Council.
32. Production have an approved "Timeline" which is followed to the day in order to have a full 39 day experience (excluding the pre-game stage). In the event of an incident that conflicts with the Timeline, the cast will be made aware immediately.
33. There is difficult side to hosting, wherein a Producer(s) have to make executive decision during challenges, regarding certain contestants etc. Please listen, follow direction and do not disrespect the final call made by a Producer.
34. Refusal of a Producer(s) request (leaving group/alliance conversations etc.) will result in an immediate strike.
35.To maintain the realism of our "Survivor" style game, there shall be no sharing of recordings, screenshots, conversation quoting, or copy-paste from conversations with other players, nor can players allow other players to listen in on their private game conversations ('spy shack' style).
36. Once a contestant has submitted their vote to eliminate in their confessional any attempt to amend (change) the final decision is prohibited. Producer(s) are constantly checking the board and Security Logs to ensure this is met -- if a Contestant is seen doing this a strike will be awarded.
37. If a contestant cannot vote on the forum for whatever reason, they must inform all members of Production as there is no guarantee which Producer will be taking duties for Tribal Council in that episode cycle. Producers will accept votes through Skype/Facebook/E-Mail, once received they will be posted in your Journal.
38. Self-voting is the act of a participant failing to meet requirements or meeting deadlines. Contestants will not be penalized with a self vote for poor challenge participation. A two-strike rule is in force wherein if you fail to vote twice over the entire period of the game you will be evacuated.
39. In the event of a tie between two (or more) contestants, those tied contestants will not take part in the re-vote whilst all other eligible contestants will determine who to vote out between the tied. If a majority decision is not reached, the contestants eligible in the re-vote will be safe and every other contestant (sans any Immunity holders) will take part in a lottery to determine who leaves the competition ("drawing rocks") for more information, consult Production.
Hidden Immunity Idols
40. Detailed Information will be revealed when the game begins as to the purpose. This is also a season by season twist and my not affect you.
OAK CREEK CANYON41. This season will feature brand new contestants and a batch of iSurv1vor veterans.
42. Information relating to the Oak Creek Canyon concept will be revealed at depth once commencement of the season is underway.
43. Contestants new to the series understand that other contestants may have a prior connection to one another. Whilst the i1 team attempts to create a unique experience wherein all those competing are strangers, any/all ORGs played by those selected may not have been disclosed during the semifinals process, which may result in people having a prior relationship.
The i1 Channel44. In June 2016, the iSurv1vor series underwent a rebrand to the i1 Channel. This network will permit a variety of other games to be produced under the i1 name. By competing in iSurv1vor you qualify for any other games produced under the network.
45. Games under the i1 Network include The iCha11enge, The Mole & iB1G BROTHER. Please consult a Producer for further information in relation to these games.
46. Lastly and most importantly, Production wants all Contestants participating to enjoy their experience and take as much as they can from it. This is iS baby!
47. The winner of iSurv1vor: Oak Creek Canyon will receive a "Winners" page on the iSurv1vor Wikia.
48. Any questions contact Sandy.